1. Quantify effects of agricultural intensification and landscape composition on diversity, dynamics and distribution of selected vertebrate, insect, and plant species in European agro-ecosystems
2. Explore how biodiversity and food web structure is affected by landscape structure and land use intensity, and how this affects key ecosystem services, mainly biological control.
3. Examine how farmland bird populations are affected by land use and landscape structure
4. Produce recommendations to stakeholders on how to enhance biodiversity and sustainable pest control in a changing landscape
5. Develop a Europe-wide agro-ecological research capacity for evaluation of agri-environmental policy